Is bandage the same as gauze? The difference between bandage and gauze
1、 Is the bandage the same as gauze
Gauze is a kind of textile raw material. Gauze is very light and thin, and its warp and weft are very sparse. On its surface, you can see very obvious grid-like lines. The gauze can be made of pure cotton, chemical fiber or blended fabric, and can also be made into multiple layers, double layers or multiple layers by different processes, and can even be dyed, bleached or whitened in color. There are many kinds of gauze, and its uses are also varied, such as gauze quilt, gauze saliva towel, etc.
Bandage is a common medical material, which is generally made of gauze or cotton cloth. Among the bandages, the simplest and most common is a single bandage, which can be used to bind limbs, head, chest, abdomen and other parts. During dressing, cotton with appropriate thickness can be sandwiched in the middle of the bandage, which can not only prevent infection, but also play a role in fixing the wound. In addition to the medical bandage, there is also a sports protective watch band, which has good elasticity and flexibility, and can protect joints during sports.
2、 The difference between bandage and gauze
（1） Medical bandage introduction
Medical bandages are mainly divided into gauze bandages and elastic bandages, which are mainly used to bind wounds and prevent wound infection. Surgery, orthopedics and traumatology, varicose veins of lower limbs, blood circulation to prevent swelling of limbs, and bandage of swelling disease after removal of plaster of limbs fracture.
1. Cotton gauze bandage: mainly used for bandage and fixation after external wound dressing in hospital surgery and family.
2. Elastic bandage: It is mainly used for fixation and bandage of patients with varicose veins of lower limbs, orthopedics and traumatology to improve blood circulation and prevent limb swelling. It can also replace the multi-head abdominal belt after operation and be used for pressure bandage or general wound bandage of different parts of the body.
Precautions for the purchase and use of medical bandages: ① They are generally sold as non-sterile medical products. If the medical bandage is used at the wound site, it should be considered to be isolated from the wound; ② When purchasing medical bandages, you should look at the appearance of the product. The product shall be white, without yellow spots, pollution, serious fabric defects or broken wires.
（2） Introduction to medical gauze
Medical gauze refers to degreased gauze: it needs high temperature disinfection and chlorine and oxygen bleaching. Used as medical supplies, etc. It refers to the person who is used to bind the wound after sterilization. To purchase regular medical gauze, its packaging is sterilized before leaving the factory. As long as the packaging is intact and has not expired, it is safe, but it should be noted that the unused after opening the packaging is sterile. Yellow gauze, also known as oil gauze, is not only used for disinfection. The drugs on it have the functions of astringent, anti-inflammatory and preventing the adhesion of gauze to the wound. Ordinary sterile gauze does not have these functions. If there is exudate on the wound, ordinary gauze will make the gauze and blood stick together, and when removed, it will cause the wound to bleed again.
1. Composition of medical gauze: medical gauze is made of cotton fiber from mature seeds without repeated processing, which is spun into plain cotton cloth, and then degreased, bleached and refined into degreased gauze for medical use. Medical gauze products generally have foldable and reel forms.
(1) Fold the gauze into the required size, then fold it to the required layer with a flap, and then carry out small packaging.
(2) Roll the bleached gauze into a roll, including one layer, two layers, three layers and four layers, depending on the needs.
2. Purpose: It is mainly applicable to one-time blood-sucking and medicinal application of surgical operations and family health care in hospitals and infirmaries.
3. Basic quality requirements: the whiteness of medical gauze should not be less than 80 degrees.
4. Precautions for purchase and use: When purchasing medical gauze, you should first see the packaging label and product manual of the finished product. Generally, there are two ways to supply finished products, one is non-sterile, and the other is sterile. Whether it is delivered in sterile or non-sterile way, the manufacturer's product manual or finished product package should be clearly written for the convenience of user's purchase and use.
Bull turns the world, 2021 let us move forward firmly!
[Depth] Collagen dressings belong to high-end medical dressings, with broad market development space in the future
Analysis of the market situation and competitive pattern of China's medical dressing industry The export scale ranks first in the world
In recent years, with the improvement of medical conditions and the improvement of residents' health awareness and consumption level, the medical dressing market in China has grown steadily. In 2019, the market size of medical dressings in China is about 7.312 billion yuan. It is predicted that the market size of medical dressings in China will reach 8.225 billion yuan in 2020. With the growth of the export scale of medical dressings in China, China has become the first exporter of medical dressings in the world. In the ranking of enterprises with export scale, Ogilvy Healthcare, Robust Healthcare and Zhende Healthcare ranked the top three in the industry in terms of export scale in 2017-2019.
How many kinds of medical instruments do gauze bandages belong to? Can gauze bandages directly contact wounds
Gauze bandages are medical supplies used to bandage wounds. Generally speaking, gauze is a strictly sterilized product that directly contacts the wound, while bandages are materials used to fix or protect the surgical or injured parts. Because bandages are not sterilized, they cannot be directly used for wounds, but can be used to bandage gauze. From the classification of medical devices, gauze bandages belong to a class of medical devices.